We use a system called askmyGP which is an easy and fast way to ask for any kind of help from the practice.
- We respond during working hours Monday to Friday 8am-4pm.
- We will respond to your message as quick as we can
- You can request a particular doctor or nurse (so long as they’re working)
- You can choose to be contacted by the surgery by telephone, secure message or video call
- If we need to see you we will usually give you a face-to-face or video appointment the same day. This will often be once the clinician or appropriate staff member has spoken to you over the phone.
- Video consultations are provided by our own doctors through a secure link to your mobile, tablet or laptop for no extra charge
- You can register for askmyGP now, without any paperwork
If you prefer to phone, one of our receptionists will take a few details about your problem or request and then pass these to the GP. However you choose to get in touch, your GP will get contact you quickly and either sort out your problem on the phone, by secure message, or arrange to see you the same day, or another day if that’s more convenient.
Please note you can no longer book a GP appointment using our previous online appointment system.
askmyGP is available to all our patients, and you can use it to ask about your children or other people you care for (if they are registered with us).
That’s it – simple and straightforward!
We are encouraging everyone who has access to a computer, smart phone or tablet to use askmyGP:
- it saves you time
- really ill patients don’t have to wait for urgent slots at the end of surgeries
- GPs can manage their time more effectively, booking any follow-up appointments you might need and,
- it stops the 8am rush for appointments as you can contact the practice at any time within working hours and most of the time be contacted by a clinician the same day