This General Practice is research active!
This means we take part in medical research to help improve healthcare. Below are some of the current research we are taking part in:
- Nottingham City Council and the NHS are researching why people might not get their covid 19 vaccines- see the flyer here to see if you’re eligible to take part in this research.
- Principle Covid-19 Study- Principle is a nationwide clinical study from the University of Oxford to find Covid-19 treatments for the over 50’s that can be taken at home. The Principle trial is entirely remote. Anyone experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, which started within the last 14 days may be eligible to join the principle trial if they are aged over 65; or over 50 with an underlying health condition. If you are eligible, you can join the study by clicking here.
- The Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) wants to hear the views of the public to understand and shape future mental health early support services for children and young people aged up to 25 years. They would like to hear from young people, parents, carers, and professionals to help understand their experiences and report on what support has been like at the early intervention stage. These insights will be collated into a report to help shape the mental health and early intervention and prevention services for children and young people in the future. Parents and carers are invited to share their views and experiences via an online survey by clicking here. Vital focus groups will also take place on the 2nd, 5th and 8th September 2020 and the opportunity to take part in a telephone interview is available for those who may find this more accessible. To take part in a vital focus group or telephone interview, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text 07818580719. All engagement will end on Friday 18th September 2020. More information regarding the study is available here.
- NIHR Covid-19 Vaccine research: This research enables people to sign up to register their interest in taking part in vaccine trials for Covid-19. It’s available for anyone over the age of 18 and living in the UK. To register, fill in the forms available here. This link also provides more information about the research. You can also sign up to be contacted about coronavirus vaccine research conducted by NIHR here.
- Reboot Notts: This research consisted of appealing for people in Nottinghamshire who were experiencing stress or low mood to help them access online mental health tools. It included an online peer support website named ‘Big White Wall’ and the study was to assess whether it was more or less effective in helping people with depression and anxiety than the online information available from the NHS Moodzone website.
- Heart Surgery Priority Setting Partnership: This research wanted people to participate in asking questions about heart surgery. This is so that they could research into the progression of modern medicine in order to benefit patients in the future.