Radford Medical Practice and Student Health Centre
Dr K Kaur, Dr R Shah and Dr H Wright.
Our mission statement:
We aim to provide the highest level of care possible to our whole patient population, ensuring that care is specific to individual needs, that patients are all treated equally, and with dignity and respect, by a suitably skilled, motivated team.
Patients’ rights to General Medical Services:
- be registered with a General Practitioner
- change doctor if desired
- be offered a health check on joining the practice
- receive urgent care at any time from the practice
- receive appropriate drugs and medicines
- be referred for specialist or second opinion if they and the GP agree
- to view your medical records subject to the legislation associated with the procedure
Other responsibilities to you:
- treat you with respect and courtesy
- maintain patient confidentiality
- maintain patient continuity by having a choice of the clinician you speak to where possible
- inform you of significant delays to appointments if necessary
- refer you on to other healthcare providers if the GP thinks it is necessary
- inform you of test results and issue prescriptions within our specified time range
- listen to complaints and suggestions and to deal with them or improve the service accordingly.
In return, we ask you to:
- keep your contact details up to date- please inform us if you change your address, phone number or email address so that our records are accurate.
- Cancel your appointments if no longer suitable – this allows other patients to be seen.
- To treat all staff at the surgery with respect. We will not tolerate swearing, shouting or any form of violence towards staff members. Please refer to our Zero Tolerance Procedure.
- Remember that urgent appointments are reserved for urgent issues only.
- Know that one appointment is for one person- where other family members require a consultation, another appointment should be made.
- Allow us 48 hours for issuing repeat prescription to allow for accurate prescribing.
Home visits should only be requested if you are too unwell to attend surgery. We are unable to guarantee a specific doctor for a home visit as it depends on GP availability and other factors. A home visit appointment is at the doctor’s discretion.
If you have a home visit booked, we ask that:
- you cancel the appointment if it is no longer suitable
- be punctual and expect the doctor’s visit
- do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself.